Growing up my family traveled a lot. My parents would always be taking us somewhere every chance we could get. Before kids I also was a flight attendant and a filmmaker. I flew around the world internationally and domestically, stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years. Traveling from airports to transportation and hotels has always come second nature to me.
Staycations and vacations have always been such fun memories for me in my childhood, I naturally want to have the same experiences for my kids! We opted out of traveling during Spring Break this year. However, with church being online we decided to book a last minute staycation during Easter weekend at our favorite family friendly resort, The Gaylord Rockies!
We’ve stayed here a handful of times and though we love a good long weekend. We stayed for just 24 hours this time and this was our itinerary!
DAY 1 ITINERARY
- Early check-in at 2:00pm (Early check-in is at the discretion of availability and we lucked out! Worst case you can drop your luggage at the concierge and enjoy the resort until your room is ready.)
- We unpacked, got settled in and immediately changed for the pool.
- 3:00pm We lounged and played at the Arapahoe Springs Pool & Lazy River.
- We ordered appetizers poolside and got some Kona Ice. YUM!
- 4:00pm was our indoor pool reservation time and we headed in there to play on the water slides and splash pad.
- 5:00pm We headed back to our room to shower and get ready for dinner.
- 6:00pm We ate a delicious dinner at the Vista Montagne.
- 7:30pm We headed back to our room for a pajama party and movie night.
- 9:00pm The boys went to bed.
During your stay you are able to make an indoor pool reservation. I did this one week prior to our arrival. They will email you a link! The outdoor pool and lazy river is currently at a first-come-first-serve basis.
Bladen especially was highly concerned the Easter bunny was not going to know about our staycation and I was so excited to surprise them in the morning.
I’ll just come right out and say it, I am not a light packer. I wouldn’t say “I overpack” but I do bring options! In this case I had packed an entire extra suitcase for their baskets and goodies. I reuse the same baskets from Pottery Barn Kids each year and they don’t collapse down! Since I always bring camera gear and options the boys didn’t think twice about it and once they went to sleep I was able to set up the baskets for them.
One of my favorite items in the boys baskets is the handmade bunny I ordered from Mamoyo. What I love about them is that every purchase directly supports the women in Africa and their families.
Our family suite
Our family room had bunk beds for the boys to sleep in. The bunk beds also had its own TV. The boys were so excited about it! When I was a kid we often stayed at hotel rooms that were a suite so my siblings and I had our own separate space which made it fun and easier for my parents with the variance in bed times.
The boys are still talking about their bunk bed and now want one at home because they think it is so much fun!
Day 2 itinerary
- 7:00am wake up + Easter baskets
- 8:30am online church + order room service
- 10:00am Easter bunny scavenger hunt
- 10:30am Visit the Animal Encounters
- 11:00am Decorate Spring cookies
- 11:30am Change and head down to the Arapahoe Springs Pool and Lazy River
- 1:00pm Head back to the room to shower
- 2:00pm Late check-out
- This is also at the discretion of availability. I checked and scheduled this the night prior so I could plan out Day 2)
the Arapahoe Springs Pool & lazy river
The Arapahoe Springs Pool & Lazy River is one of our favorite places to be! We ordered poolside lunch and had some Kona Ice because yolo!
We always make sure to stay around the holidays here because of the fun themed events! We lucked out to catch the Spring It On event at the Gaylord Rockies. Including the bunny scavenger hunt which was such a fun treat! Decorating Springtime cookies is another tradition I did a lot growing up and love being able to do it as a mom too.
Other things to note about our stay
The Gaylord Rockies staff are so wonderful. From valet to check-in and beyond, every staff member is so helpful and so lovely.
The Spring It On Event is still going on! You can also book activities such as:
- Sipping N’ Painting
- The Mad Tea Escape Room
- Paint Me A Fairytale
My family feels right at home here. The accommodations are super family friendly. The restaurants have kid friendly food. Whether you stay here for 24 hours or multiple days. Your kids will be forever talking about the fun. You will love the fun family traditions made here and you will be planning your next trip! We can’t wait until our next stay!
I hope you enjoyed reading about our stay! Tag me on your next visit to the Gaylord Rockies! I would love to follow along!